This is a great game!
A downloadable game for Windows
Every era has them.
We used to call them adventurers. Knights in shining armour.
Wandering the world. Slaying monsters. Seeking honour and glory.
In this era, they ride mechs.
Today, we call them exons.
Exon is a singleplayer, narrative-driven sci-fi action-RPG game. Explore the first level of the prologue in this demo!
- Top-down melee combat: smash up other mechs with big swords, because swords never run out of ammo
- Equipment-based progression: your mech is only as good as the weapons it carries — swap out swords, shields, guns and utilities as you find them or need them, with no need to worry about experience points, levels or attributes
- Talk to the monsters: unravel the story by conversing with allies and enemies alike
- Adventure: leave the bustling waystations behind and strike out into the wilderness, in a universe littered with the byproducts of technological advance... and the people fighting over them
The demo includes the full gameplay experience of the first area of the game, the Exon Academy:
- Take on the Gauntlet to learn how to be an exon
- Take on other exons in the Arena for fun and money
- Take on some minor local concerns in the wilderness around the Academy
NOTE: Exon is under active development, so everything you see here is subject to change entirely at my whim. You can read all about the development process at https://www.raodaozao.net/exon!
Please direct feedback and bug reports to: https://www.raodaozao.net/exon/helpline and include a saved game if you can!
- 64-bit Windows, 7 or later
- DirectX 11
- A mouse & keyboard
- 250MB hard drive space
I have confirmed the game runs smoothly with the following system specifications, but these are likely overwrought on several counts so please let me know if you do/do not have trouble with anything lower:
- 2.3GHz i5-6300HQ quad-core processor
- 8GB RAM
- GTX 970M graphics card
Click download now to get access to the following files: